Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Mermaid in the Basement


The Mermaid in the Basement is the first in the Lady Trent Mystery series by Gilbert Morris. I've been wanting to read this for a while now so when I saw that the library had it I decided to check it out. I have to be honest and say I was a little disappointed in the book. The story is about Lady Trent having to prove that her brother is innocent of killing an actress. I enjoyed the mystery and it wasn't until I was towards the end that I started to suspect who actually was the murderer. So that was nice..I hate it when I figure out who did it early on. But at times the story would slow down and I would find myself skimming over a few paragraphs until the story picked back up. The second book in the series is coming out sometime soon and while I won't be running to the bookstore to get it I won't say I won't ever read it....but I'll probably wait until my library gets it. I'm giving The Mermaind in the Basement three out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment