Monday, December 22, 2008

Fall Into Reading Wrap-Up

I'm a little late writing my wrap-up post for the Fall Into Reading challenge but better late then never. ;) I am going to use some of the questions that Katrina suggested, so here I go:

Did you finish reading all the books on your fall reading list? If not, why not? I didn't finish all the books that I listed on my original list because some books I started and just couldn't finish and towards the end I didn't feel like reading the books I had left so I ended up picking something else to read.

Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along? My original goal was to see if I could read 12 books during the challenge and I did! I wanted to try and read all books that had been sitting in my TBR pile for a loooong time but while I did read quit a few I still ended up reading some newer books.

What was your favorite book that you read this fall? Least favorite? Why? My favorite book that I read this fall would be The Tale of Hawthorn House by Susan Wittig Albert. I love this series, The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter. They are cozy mysteries and oh so cozy! Love 'em! If you enjoy cozy mysteries, love animals, and are a kid at heart then you need to check out this series. It's the best. My least favorite book would probably have to be The Baker's Fatal Dozen by Lisa Harris. I just couldn't get into it for some reason. It was the second book in a series and I hadn't read the first book so that might have been part of my problem.

Did you discover a new author or genre this fall? Did you love them? Not love them? I actually did discover a new author, Kirsten Heitzmann. I read The Edge of Recall this fall and loved it. Looking forward to reading other books by her.

What was your favorite thing about the Fall Into Reading challenge? That I had a really good excuse to read instead of doing the laundry or washing dishes. "But, honey, I'm trying to read 12 books this fall!" ;)

Would you like to participate in another challenge here this spring? Absolutely! :D

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on what you accomplished during the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I've seen Kirsten's books, but have not picked one up yet.

    ReplyDelete