Friday, December 18, 2009

Vanish by Tom Pawlik

I got an early Christmas gift a couple of weeks ago from my husband..a Kindle! One of the things I like about the Kindle is every now and then you get free books. I got Vanish by Tom Pawlik free from amazon for the Kindle. Vanish is about three people who wake up one morning to discover everyone has vanished and something is watching them. Can't say too much or else I may give something away. This is a very face paced read, keeps you turning the pages to see what is going to happen next. This book is a little on the creepy side though. I am bit of a chicken....I was reading this book at night (while hubby was snoring away) and had to go to the bathroom. Well, I was a little creepped (is that a word?) out so I carried one of my cats with me. ;) Anyway, this was really a good book and I plan on reading more by Tom Pawlik and highly recommend that you give him a try too...if you dare. Ha Ha Ha. Sorry couldn't resist. ;)

Product description from amazon.com:

2009 Christy Award winner!
Three strangers each encounter the same mysterious storm and awake the next day to find that everyone else has vanished. There's Conner Hayden, a successful but unscrupulous trial lawyer who has forsaken his family for his career; Helen Krause, a middle-aged model struggling to come to grips with her fading beauty; and Mitch Kent, an enterprising young mechanic unable to escape a past that still haunts him. Afraid and desperate for answers, their paths eventually cross and they discover they are being watched. Elusive and obscured in shadows, the "observers" are apparently forcing them to relive vivid hallucinations of events from their past. They discover a mute homeless boy in tattered clothing and believe he may hold the key to the mystery, but the "observers" soon become aggressive and the four are forced to flee. When the boy disappears, the four decide to head from Chicago to Washington, D.C., in search of answers…and more survivors. Winner of the 2006 operation first novel contest, Vanish is a nonstop suspense thriller in the vein of Ted Dekker.

2 comments:

  1. LOL I'm glad you read this and not me I don't like to be creeped out too much! It's totally awesome that your hubby got you a Kindle! I've never used/seen one before so I don't know if my eyes could take reading a book on a screen! Maybe someday I'll see one LOL!

    xoxo~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Renee...CREEPY! So not for me...I would have nightmares! *shudder*

    YAY! Angie got a Kindle...Angie got a Kindle! Not sure I could read a book on one either...hmmm...staring at the computer makes my eyes burn and head hurt after awhile.

    So glad you're loving yours though!

    Merry Christmas!
    ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete