Thursday, March 4, 2010

the clouds roll away by Sibella Giorello

The Clouds Roll Away

The Clouds Roll Away is the third book in the Raleigh Harmon series, Raleigh Harmon is a forensic geologist for the FBI in Richmond, VA. In this book she is working on a civil rights case that ends up being more complex then she first thought. She also has some stuff going on in her personal life that she has to wade through.

I have to be honest and say I wasn't crazy about this book. It's not a bad book, just not my cup of tea. I'm more of a cozy mystery person I suppose. But nothing ventured nothing gained. Although, I didn't really love the book I have to say I do think it was a good book and if you like a more gritty and real mystery/suspense then I do recommend this series. Sibella Giorello really is a good author. I liked how she described things such as on page 55, "Down the hall, Judy Garland hoped I had a merry little Christmas." I thought that was a really creative way of saying that Judy Garland was playing down the hall. I also liked how Sibella Giorello wove Raleigh's faith into the story, it was never preachy. Plus I did like the main character, Raleigh, and even though I didn't love this book there is a part of me that wonders what will happen to Raleigh. So the bottom line is I didn't care for this that much but not because it wasn't a good book but because it was a little too real and gritty for my taste.

** I would like to thank Thomas Nelson for sending me this free review copy

1 comment:

  1. YAY! You finished it. :)

    That Judy Garland reference is pretty unique...thanks for sharing.

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete