Sunday, March 27, 2011

Finally A Bride by Vickie McDonough

From Goodreads.com

Keep your eyes wide open for romance in Lookout, Texas. Noah Jeffers, aka Butch Laird, returns to town determined to make up for past misdeeds. Will reporter Jacqueline Hamilton uncover his secret before Noah can capture her heart? With nowhere else to go, ex-con Carly Payton returns to the Lookout boardinghouse. Garrett Corbett is looking for an upstanding wife, not some jailbird. What will he do when overpowered by Carly’s appeal? Twice-widowed Christine Taylor isn’t looking to get re-hitched. Will love-stricken Rand Kessler find a way to woo her into wedlock? Does love deserve a first, second, or third chance?


My Thoughts:

I was so happy to learn that the third book in the Texas Boardinghouse Brides series was about Jack and Butch. I was also happy to see Carly back. And I'm happy to say that I wasn't disappointed with Finally A Bride. Even though Jack was older she was still her "wild" self and getting into trouble. Butch, who now goes by his given name Noah, is a changed man and back in Lookout. Noah isn't the only one back in Lookout...Carly is back and hoping the town will accept her after being in jail. I really enjoyed Jack and Noah's story. Jack doesn't realize that Noah is actually Butch and when she does how will she react? This was an enjoyable read and I would certainly recommend this book. I will say that if you haven't read the other two books in this series you would probably want to read them first.

I received my free review copy from the publishers through Netgalley

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this series - but if you like it then I'll have to keep a look out for it. :o)

    ReplyDelete